Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gratitude for the work I get to do!

Today, I am presenting at SharePoint Saturday on a topic very close to my heart - campaigning! As a Knowledge Management Practitioner - I have spent much of my life campaigning, cajoling, persuading, coaching, showing users how to embrace their own knowledge and knowledge of others, what to do with it and how to do it. I am no expert ... but what I do know is that imagination can go a long way, so can listening to others, so can persistence and patience, so can having a great bunch of people to work with.

So as I put my presentation together and now having spent some time rehearsing - I am humbled by the fact that the work that I get to do everyday can make an impact on an the way an individual approaches their work, an organisation can approach their business of performing and ultimately, how societies can keep their knowledge in flux.

To the users of the SharePoint Portals that I have implemented and managed and still manage today - big up! Today's presentation is a reflection of your engagement and openess to becoming knowledge citizens. You have made me the knowledge citizen that I am! Respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment